I love making these pita chips because I much prefer homemade dippers than anything store-bought.
Try these and all their variations. My favorite spread with these chips is a smoked salmon dip. (I recently shared that recipe in honour of the Royal Wedding).
- 6 pita breads
- ½ C olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut pitas in 6 pieces.
- Separate the top from the bottom of the pita to make thin slivers.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Baste with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake under broiler to brown.
- Keep in an airtight container. If they soften, just crisp them up in the oven.[br][b]Variations:[/b]
- Add ¼ tsp of sesame oil to olive oil to give an Asian twist
- Add chopped fresh herbs rather than sesame seeds
- Add garlic to olive oil to give a Mediterranean feel.